Because you asked, here are a few reflections on my participation in NaBloPoMo '08.
1. It's not as difficult to write a blog post every day as you might think. I didn't write lengthy, thought-provoking posts every day. But I always have thoughts running through my head, so it was just a matter of writing them down.
2. I didn't have as much time this year to make my bloggy rounds and discover new blogs. I did rediscover a few that I had read before, so that was nice. Last year, I sensed a lot more community among participants. Maybe I didn't feel that this year because I wasn't able to read as many other blogs.
3. My goal for participating this year was to hone my writing skills. I feel that I accomplished that goal.
4. This year, I had a weekly plan for writing, which made it much easier to post every day. Of course, I didn't adhere entirely to that plan, but it was a great jumping off point if I got stuck.
5. It was good for my personal discipline to be committed to posting every day for a month. I struggle in that area of my personal life, so it was good to make a goal and see it through!
6. I did use the new scheduler feature that Blogger has. I was able to write a few posts ahead and schedule them and not worry about it! I loved that!
You don't have to wait until next year to participate in NaBloPoMo! You can jump in any month. Just make a goal for yourself and go for it.
For me, I am back to my regular schedule of posting Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturdays thrown in. I like taking Sunday off, or using Sunday to prep posts for the rest of the week.
And for a little bit of a commercial: for the month of December, I'll be sharing Christmas cookie recipes over on my recipe blog. I'll start posting those this week. If you need some cookie inspiration, please stop by and check it out!